We are looking for Vehicle Assembly Technicians to work with one of the most progressive vehicles in the world.
The candidate must have the ability to work with various teams in assembly including engineering, quality, and suppliers, across a wide variety of issues/corrective actions identified in production and field performance. The candidate will work in a vehicle assembly environment completing rework/repairs on vehicles either going through the production line or coming off the production line.
The candidate must review process instructions for clarity and accuracy. He must train and oversee new assembly personnel on specific tasks, implement “in-process” quality checks based on problem analysis and prioritization of issues.
He must perform vehicle updates and component updates as required prior to shipment.
· Performs work in the inspection, repair, and service of electric vehicles.
· Check and report the vehicle assembly quality, based on established quality standards.
· Seek to improve the vehicle assembly process, investigate, analyze and report potential improvements associated with quality, efficiency or cost savings.
· Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools.
· Perform equipment inspections, adjustments and certifications.
· Maintain records of time and materials.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles. Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools, shop tools, and automotive and electrical test equipment.
· Efficient skills in automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles.
· High School Diploma or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
· Associate Degree or Certificate in Automotive Technology is a plus.
· Experience in manufacturing process or process engineering is essential.
· Mechanical and/or electrical experience is a pro.
· Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting.
· Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
· Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals.
· Working in a 3-shift operation is not a problem
· Have a valid (clean) driver’s license.
· Good knowledge (written and verbal) of the English language.